THE FIRST WEEK: EAT THE MOST, LOSE THE MOST.
When you first look at the diet list you’ve been given by the doctor or a physician and you see that there are no quantitative limitations and that you can eat bacon and eggs, corned beef and pastrami spareribs, duckling, you may say, “How can I loose weight on this?”
Well, the reason you can lose weight is that when there are no carbohydrates for fuel– the body is forced to burn its own fat. It really doesn’t make any difference how rich the zero carbohydrate foods are, since without carbohydrates, very little protein and fat can be stored as fat, so that no caloric deficit is needed. This is why the diet always works. Don’t worry about how it may seem to represent more food or richer food than you are accustomed to eat. Don’t be afraid to try it!
FOUR BEAUTIFUL THINGS HAPPEN
If the diet is working correctly, you will notice four beautiful phenomena. • You will be markedly freer from hunger than you usually are.
• You will notice an increase in well-being.
• You will notice the pounds dropping off.
• Almost more startling is the decrease in your measurements that the tape measure can tell you about in detail.
WHAT TO DO AS YOU APPROACH YOUR IDEAL WEIGHT
Well, now that you’ve lost. You’ve fallen off. You’ve climbed back on. You’re almost home.
When you get to within five or six pounds of your ideal weight, you begin to add items of small carbohydrate content, five grams at a time, until the weight loss slows down to less than a pound a week.
You should lose the last five or six pounds at the rate of no more than a pound a week. You don’t worry about your Ketostix changing color at this point, because you’re better off to concentrate on what your lifelong diet is going to be.
MEAL PLANS (LEVEL 1)
• Scrambled eggs with spicy ham
• Diet Revolution roll and Butter bouillon, coffee or tea.
• Cold-cuts sandwich on Diet revolution roll with mayonaise or mustard
• Raspberry gelatin, Diet soda, coffee or tea.
• Chicken soup with Matzoh balls
• Gelatin, diet soda, coffee or tea.
• Stuffed celery/ diet soda.
P.S– So don’t worry about eating those fresh green salads; they’re what make the diet so pleasant to live with right from the beginning.
To be continued……
Got any more questions? Follow our Instagram page for sneek peeks @emaloveswriting